Call Processing Representative
Location : South San Diego, CA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : Spanish 723
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
This position will work in a fast-paced call center and is responsible for scheduling, rescheduling, and canceling medical and or dental appointments for all Company clinics by working directly with members over the phone, this position will be responsible for greeting callers in a friendly and courteous manner that demonstrates a high level of commitment to our mission, Complete registration information and answering questions while educating callers about available services. The Call Center utilizes a team approach and works cooperatively to ensure that all calls are answered promptly and demonstrate the highest level of service, compassion, empathy, and dignity to all patients and customers
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the Company services and programs, To answer questions and direct calls appropriately.
- Review, collect, and update patient demographics and take appropriate actions to update changes identified.
- Efficiently and actively provides excellent customer service by properly greeting, listening, assisting, directing, and closing each call. Performs appointment scheduling, rescheduling, canceling, and confirming.
- Understands recognizes, and effectively handles unique medical issues, urgent services, and patient grievances and follows established protocols to resolve problems or determines escalation to the supervisor.
- Log in and be ready to receive or make calls as directed by schedule as wells as utilizing break codes appropriately as defined by the call management system.
- Provide quality, efficient telephone customer service to internal and external customers and route calls to the appropriate department for continued assistance as necessary.
- Adheres to current productivity and quality assurance requirements for the department.
- Clearly and effectively communicates with patients/staff via call or electronic message. Take complete messages that are detailed, concise, spelled accurately, and utilize correct medical terminology.
- Understands and applies company policies regarding the proper use of the computer, telephone, and other company equipment to complete daily tasks.
- Adheres to Company’s and department's attendance and punctuality policies and practices.
Required Qualifications :
Education Required (Minimum level of education):
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Certifications/Licenses Required: Preferred:
- Relevant medical certification or licensure.
Experience Required (Minimum level of experience):
- Strongly Preferred: 1 year of healthcare experience
- Strongly Preferred: 1 year of call center or telephone operator/receptionist experience Or successful completion of an externship program with Company
Verbal and Written Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) required.
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS, MS-Office, telephone devices, and voicemail.
- Must have the ability to type 40WPM.
- Experience with Nextgen and Dentrix is strongly preferred.