Bridging the gap between your dreams and your current healthcare position.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Location : Downey, CA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : RLA
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
Pay Rate Range: $22-$25/hour - Depending on Experience.
We are looking for Certified Nursing Assistants that are interested in working at an acute care facility in Downey. This is a great opportunity for any CNA that has the ability to work independently, while providing the best in patient care. If you have at least 1 year of any type of facility experience as a licensed Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA - we would love to speak with you today!
- 13-week contracts, with extension
- Full-Time Hours (40hrs/week)
- 5x8 with rotating weekends
- Gain experience with multiple units.
- Benefits after 60 days!
The Certified Nursing Assistant, CNA is responsible for duties included, but not limited to those below:
- Monitors condition of patient while being moved and reports any manifest change in condition to a registered nurse or physician.
- Takes and records temperature, pulse and respiration of patients, and reports adverse vital signs or observed abnormal stress or discomfort.
- Helps patients as may be required in all of the usual activities of daily living, such as eating, brushing teeth and dressing and undressing, and eliminating.
- Moves patients on beds or stretchers from one ward to another or to operating or examining rooms.
- Contributes to patient comfort and well-being by rearranging bedding and changing linen, serving and removing meal trays and responding to requests for personal services, such as filling water containers, making mechanical adjustments of bed, providing assistance in changing position in bed, furnishing bedpans and urinals, and giving shampoos and back rubs.
- Assists physicians by positioning and holding patients for examination or treatment.
- Turns and positions patients and places support to prevent pressure sores.
- Assures a safe and sanitary environment for the patient by cleaning up minor spills in kitchen and dining areas, by making beds, cribs and bassinets, and by maintaining ward, sleeping quarters and recreational areas in a clean and orderly condition.
- Encourages ambulatory patients to participate fully in their own dressing, feeding, and hygiene.
- Supervises children in recreational activities and social relationships.
- As an incident to other duties described above, escorts patients to outside clinics, schools, recreational therapy sites and other activities away from the ward or nursery
Required Qualifications :
- 1 year of Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) experience.
- Active Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) License in the state of California
- Active BLS provided by American Heart Association
- COVID Vaccinated & Boosted - No Exceptions