Certified Phlebotomy Technician
Under constant and direct supervision of the Lab Supervisor and the Lab Leads, performs phlebotomy, heel and finger sticks. Operation and preventive maintenance of POC lab equipment. Excellent and effective communication with laboratory customers, problem resolution, supply inventories and record keeping. Primary duties of this position are for the preparation of testing kits for the collection and testing for Corona Novel Virus.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Demonstrate skills and abilities by following the guidelines in venipuncture, heel and finger stick.
- Have knowledge and skills in basic collection, specimen preparation accurate labeling, handling, transportation, storage and disposal of specimen according to Lab Procedure Manual.
- Perform Quality control and testing of Point of Care CLIA Waived test according to Lab Procedure Manual.
- Basic computer literacy to meet department needs and duties but not limited to order entry, cancellation, and results tracking.
- Performs other clerical duties in reporting results and distribution in a timely manner.
- Ability to multitask, flexible, ensures accuracy and completeness of work, adaptable to change to meet department and business needs.
- Accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision and maintain good working relationship with employees, coworkers and departments.
- Maintenance and keeping workstation, furnishings, equipment clean, supply inventory up to stock level. Assist in checking daily temperature and recording.
- Possess personal characteristics of professionalism, credible commitment to high standards with excellent communication skills; effectively and clearly communicate verbally and in writing with patients and other customers.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the established departmental policies and objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Must be willing to work overtime
- May require traveling to other Company lab sites as needed.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or any other language that may be required depending on the assignment.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required, maintain current continuing education and professional licensure.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education Required (Minimum level of education):
- High School or equivalent
- Phlebotomy Certification – Current California State Phlebotomy Licensure
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate
- Preferred: Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers
Experience Required (Minimum level of experience):
- Six months medical laboratory experience as a Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT)
- Proficient in medical terminology. Basic computer literacy.