Clinic RN Supervisor
$5,000 Sign on Bonus!!
Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinic Supervisor
Location: Berkeley, CA
The Clinic RN Supervisor is responsible for the overall planning, management, implementation and coordination of the nursing care services provided in the clinic. The Clinic Supervisor trains and evaluates clinic nurses, medical assistants and medical clerks. The Clinic Supervisor ensures that the participants are appropriately screened and patient flow is efficient and well coordinated.
- Provides discipline-specific orientation and on-going training to clinic nurses, medical assistants and medical clerk.
- Provides clinical supervision and evaluation of clinic nurses, medical assistants and medical clerk.
- Oversees clinic triage and patient flow and delegates tasks to ensure that the clinic functions efficiently.
- Provides nursing services to participants as ordered by the clinic providers in a timely manner.
- Administers, monitors and records prescribed medications and treatments, including IV fluid, medications, oxygen, etc., as ordered.
- Offers nursing consultation to other staff members as appropriate.
- Conducts and or delegates the completion of the quarterly reviews and assessments of program participants according the IDT assessment schedule.
- Notifies the providers of any marked changes in participants’ condition, including discovery of any wounds, any acute physical or behavioral changes.
- Provides teaching, counseling and health education to the participants and family members regarding nursing care needs.
- Ensures that all medical orders are carried out by the appropriate personnel and documented as completed in the participant’s medical record.
- Participates in the daily IDT meetings and ensures that clinic staff is informed of all IDT decisions.
- Follows all agency policies and procedures and ensures that all clinic staff follows agency policies and procedures.
- Approves clinic staff timesheets verifying accuracy of reported work hours.
- Engages in departmental planning and evaluation of service delivery.
- Licensed RN, State of California, BSN preferred
- Three (3) years of nursing experience at RN level and one (1) year of supervisory experience preferred.
- A minimum of (1) year experience in an acute care setting and experience working with a frail or elderly population.
- Able to perform in an emergency situation and provide direction and support in an appropriate manner.
- Able to work in multi-cultural and inter-disciplinary setting.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, co-workers, medical staff, and the public; able to be congenial with other employees, customers and vendors at all times
- Current CPR and First Aid training certification on file.