Coordinator - Facilities
This position requires a good working knowledge of facilities operations for multiple site locations. Works effectively and provides timely response to a wide range of facilities support requests, building and equipment issues, office relocations, refreshments, ordering, transportation, vehicle maintenance and maintaining building stock. Assist with special projects, which may include researching and evaluating costs savings and presenting recommendations.
Major Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
1. Responsible for responding and resolving, in an efficient and timely manner, facilities service work orders. Ensure support meets or exceeds service level agreements standards as well as unit standards with emphasis on decreasing requirement for call by providing long-term solutions.
2. Responsible for general building repairs. Ensure support services meets or exceeds standards for maintenance/trouble shooting such as: building automation systems (e.g., HVAC, electrical power systems, and light controls), equipment (e.g., building such as security and restroom devices, and office such as copier, fax, refrigerator, ice, coffee, and water machines) and system furniture installation, repairs, and locking hardware. Emphasis on proactive maintenance and in maintaining the general building appearance.
3. Perform staff relocation’s as directed; ensuring project is seamless to client. These relocations occur with effective communication, minimal downtime and timely follow-up.
4. Responsible for ensuring sufficient building supplies are available and stocked. This includes completing monthly inventories, and communicating deficient stock levels as required.
5. Responsible for meeting room set-up/take down, refreshment requests and transportation services for hotel requirements, other remote sites, and vendor pickups as required.
6. Oversee contract agents perform services and monitor adherence to contracts, agreements, and/or standards. Ensure vendors are scheduled on the facilities calendar and within costs.
7. Responsible for support with the furniture and equipment inventory requirements. Ensure all items are tagged and tracked in software.
8. Assist with special projects and unit report requirement(s); perform daily segment walks, including troubleshooting and timely implementation of corrective action(s).
One (1) to three (3) years experience and working knowledge of building systems (HVAC, lighting controls, and electrical power systems), equipment (copiers, fax, general office equipment) and vendor oversight. Experience with preventative maintenance systems principles, building operation repairs, and cleaning/janitorial practices.
Must have a valid California Driver's License.
Effective problem solving skills. Must have good computer skills to work with various facilities software systems.
Ability in operating variety of hand and power tools. Self starter, with ability to effectively evaluate and resolve problems independently and/or as part of a team environment. Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively. Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with all levels of staff and outside agency through good teamwork and cooperation. Identify issue, resolve and/or escalate to next level. Must be able to communicate effectively and professional in the English language.