Dental Assistant - LA Area Community Clinics
Location: LA Area Community Clinics
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 am -5 pm (some Saturdays)
$18.00-20.00 depending on experience.
Registered Dental Assistants
$21-22 depending on experience.
This position is responsible for assisting the dentist(s) in the direct provision of primary care dental services to patients at the clinic. The Dental Assistant is also responsible for sterilization, preparation, and inventory control of dental instruments, and supplies, and for proper infection control of all areas involving patient care.
Skills and Abilities
1. Effective written and oral communication.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of dental assisting techniques and procedures for all phases of specialty and general dentistry.
3. Knowledge of modern dental materials, their storage, handling, and applications.
4. Ability to work with persons from a wide diversity of social, ethnic, and economic backgrounds.
5. Ability to work creatively with other health care professionals from a variety of disciplines to achieve maximal results for the clinic’s patients, from a system of integrated primary health care.
6. Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments and responsibilities to ensure compliance with established deadlines and protocols.
1. Prolonged sitting or standing may be required. Those physical movements and the degree of mobility, manual dexterity, and hand-eye coordination normally associated with dental assisting in specialty and general practice dentistry will be performed on a repetitive basis.
2. May require travel to sites/programs and special functions.
3. Work under stressful conditions as well as irregular hours may be required.
Environmental Conditions Critical to Performance:
1. Frequent exposure to communicable disease, body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, radiation and other conditions common to a clinical environment may routinely be encountered.
2. OSHA Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure Classification - Category I.
3. Utilizes appropriate Infection Control protocols.
4. May be exposed to low level radiation.
5. Will be exposed to outside environmental conditions while traveling.