Bridging the gap between your dreams and your current healthcare position.
Location : McMinnville, OR
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : McMinnville
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
The Dental Assistant II / EFDA is to assist the dentist or dental hygienist. Expose and process X-rays. Perform Sealants. Manage the dental operatories. Perform patient intake. Travel and fill in at other sites as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the dentist or dental hygienist in transfer of instruments utilizing approved dental assisting principles. Assist the operator in preparation and delivery of dental materials. Perform expanded function duties as necessary
- Layout necessary instruments for procedure
- Expose and process x-rays and duplicate when necessary. Ensure all x-rays are suitable for diagnosis
- Able to perform sealant on patient treatment plan
- Provide supportive care for patients at all times
- Keep the operatory neat and clean during procedures and disinfect thoroughly before each patient arrives. Keep hand pieces properly maintained. Ensure that vacuum lines, unit, chair, light, instruments, and tray setups are thoroughly disinfected and properly sterilized at all times
- Order and maintain inventory of dental supplies. Provide administration with required and accurate purchase data.
- Restock rooms as necessary
- Provide evaluation of emergency patients.
- Provide patient management for the dental department.
- Work with the Dental Clinic Operational Manager on infection control and OSHA guidelines.
- Take vital signs and review patient health history, updating as necessary
- Ability to be flexible and be able to work on weekends on special projects
- Willing to support own team members to accomplish daily activities
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a professional team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Handle protected health information (PHI) in a manner consistent with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPPA)
Pay range: $22 - 24/hr
Required Qualifications :
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited dental assisting program or one (1) year of dental assistant experience preferred
- Previous experience within a medical/dental clinic
- Must possess a valid certificate of Expanded Function Dental Assistant and a certificate of radiology proficiency issued by the Oregon State Board of Dental Examiners
Valid Oregon driver’s license, reliable transportation, safe driving record and insurance coverage required. Ability to travel to other sites as needed
- Sealant certification
- Previous experience working with diverse populations
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred or willingness to learn Spanish.