Driver - Passengers
Driver - Healthcare Passengers
The Driver provides transportation, delivery, and escort services for Participants enrolled in the Program.
· Assists in planning daily transportation routes and planning and coordinating the most efficient use of vehicles.
· Safely transports Participants to and from the Center on their scheduled attendance days in compliance with CA Department of Motor Vehicles licensing regulations.
· Transports Participants to and from physician or other medical appointments, as requested
· Transports supplies and equipment to and from the Participant’s home or other community locations, as requested
· Helps Participants safely board and disembark the van, as informed by the Interdisciplinary Team’s Care Plan.
· Ensures passenger safety including proper use of safety belts and wheelchair tie downs.
· Maintains the first aid kit in the vehicle, replacing supplies as they are used, or nearing expiration.
· Keeps the interior and exterior of vehicles in neat and clean condition.
· Maintains accurate daily records, vehicle maintenance records, and supports vehicle maintenance appointments.
· Immediately reports any vehicle operating problems, malfunctions, or incidents.
· Establishes a positive rapport with participants, participants’ family members, and other members of the the care team and network providers.
· Remains up to date with employment and job requirements for drivers including licensure.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Valid CA Driver’s license (no violations within the last 5 years)
· Must have a flexible schedule, with occasional work on weekends.
· Current BLS and First Aid required or must be obtained within 3 months of hire
· Excellent customer service skills.
· At least one (1) year of experience transporting passengers.
· Knowledge of proper body mechanics for assisting seniors and persons with mobility limitations
· One-year experience with the elderly. Knowledge of working with special needs populations, including individuals with Dementia.