The Enrollment Specialist holds primary responsibility for orienting potential participants and community partners about the Program and intakesnew enrollments for the program.
The Enrollment Specialist works independently to gather information, set appointments for assessments, and document skilled needs for the incoming cases. They will interact with referral sources, community organizations, family caregivers and participants, giving presentations and sharing information about the progam, providing tours through the center, and gathering crucial information related to medical and social needs for new participants as the first step in the enrollment process.
· Serves as the first point of contact and liaison between the Interdisciplinary Team and potential participants and referral sources.
· Provides clear and concise information about the program.
· Gathers all necessary information and answers questions while providing education about available services.
· Determines enrollment eligibility through screening, phone intake, and education. Determines potential service needs and assists with the enrollment process.
· Identifies and documents medical and social indications of new participant to establish care needs at initial enrollment.
· Assists and oversees the enrollment of participants through the level of care (LOC) process.
· Works as part of a team to educate referral sources and potential participants and their caregivers on the benefits of the program
· Provides tours of the Center to potential participants and family caregivers while expounding on and highlighting the services provided.
· Presents all approved and enrolling cases to the Interdisciplinary Team.
· Identifies, develops, and maintains relationships with potential referral sources, including medical providers, community organizations, and others.
· Develops and maintains relationships with potential participants who call, email, and/or visit the center to support enrollment goals.
· Interacts professionally and respectfully with older adults, including those with cognitive decline and/or physical disabilities.
· Identifies targeted areas for marketing campaigns and outreach education and builds relations with potential referral sources.
· Collects all patient demographic information and required paperwork throughout the enrollment process within the designated timeframe.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Healthcare, Social Sciences, Business, or a related field.
Minimum one (1) year of experience in social work and health care.
Minimum one (1) year of experience working with older adults and their families in a healthcare or community agency setting required.
Current BLS and First Aid required or must be obtained within 3 months of hire
· Must be able to fluently speak, read and write English.
· Fluency in Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) is required.
· Fluency in other languages is an asset.
· Experience giving community presentations.
· Valid driver’s license with good driving record for the past 5 years.