Front Office Clerk - Dental
Location : Los Angeles
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : CCH Los Angeles
Required Years of Experience : 1
Required Education : high school or equivalent
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
Front Office Clerk
The Front Office Clerk is responsible for financial screening of all clients for state certification of eligibility, reception area duties, responding to client questions and providing directions to clients.
- Schedule appointments on the phone or in person.
- Screen all clinic patients/clients for eligibility.
- Review medical charts for eligibility or re-certification.
- Ensure that all patients have clinic ID card, HAP or Medi-Cal card and have signed a current General Consent Form.
- Log patient names on daily register and disposition on log sheet.
- Complete designated information on various forms such as Encounter, Certification Information and Sterilization Billing Reports in accord with requirements.
- Ensure patient clinic/cards are stamped on all the appropriate sheets/forms.
- Ensure that Medi-Cal card is photo copied and attaches receipt to Encounter Form.
Required Qualifications :
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- One year’s experience working in a general office environment or medical facility.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Knowledge of Eligibility Screening and LA County information system.
- Typing skills at 35 words/minute.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Experience in working with clients and staff from diverse socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.