Home Health Aide / Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Location: El Cajon, CA
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8 am to 5 pm (flexibility)
The Home Health Aide (HHA), CNA or PCA provides support to the Home Health team in the coordination and delivery of home care services to PACE participants.
Home Services include- DME (durable medical equipment), delivery of meals, caregiver services, lifeline, ramps, medical supplies, oxygen tanks, etc. Position will assist with home delivery of meals and medical supplies.
- May provide or coordinate for direct personal care to participants as directed or assigned by the Home Health Nurse.
- The Home Health Aide duties if providing direct care at the home may include showering, toileting, laundry and feeding assistance and companionship services to and from medical appointments. May include ambulation and transferring assistance.
- Assists other staff in carrying out program assignments.
- Provides support to PACE nurses in the coordination and delivery of meals, DME, caregiver services, etc.
- Assists in maintaining patient areas in a clean and orderly manner. Cleans and organizes program areas including.
- Assists with home delivery of meals and medical supplies.
- Follows infectious disease precautions to prevent the spread of organism.
- Attends center staff meetings and in-service educational training programs.
- Assists Home Health Team as requested.
- Conducts home visits.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid CPR Card.
- Active California Certified Nursing Assistant License (CNA positions only)
- Six (6) months experience as a personal care aide, in a professional or personal care setting.
- Flexibility, initiative, creativity and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must complete San Diego PACE approved curriculum for personal care aide.