Human Resources Generalist I
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing Human Resources related duties under the direction of the Human Resources Manager. This position will support Human Resources programs and processes of a broad and varied nature related to one or more of the following functional areas: Benefits Administration, Employee Relations, Organizational & Leadership Development, Talent Development, and/or Risk Management.
Major Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
1. Coordinates with Team Members and Management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and best practices.
2. Provides support in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
3. Acts as a trusted resource for the organization and consistently demonstrates IEHP organizational values while building strong internal relationships.
4. Serves as an HR Representative, responds to requests and inquiries timely and in collaboration with others as necessary to resolve or escalate requests to appropriate Human Resources personnel.
5. Assists in the evaluation of reports, decisions and results of the department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continuous improvement in efficiency of the department and services performed to keep up with industry best practices and to meet the evolving needs of the organization.
6. Maintains documentation and performs data reporting by gathering, analyzing, and formatting a variety of information related to their assigned functional area.
7. Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment, including mandatory training and keeping up to date with the latest changes in laws and regulation.
8. Responsible for providing the highest level of customer service and accessibility to Management and Team Members.
4 years of relevant work experience.
Prior HRIS system experience preferred.
Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited institution required.
Significant experience may be considered in lieu of degree: In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience is required.
PHR/SPHR certification or equivalent preferred.
A broad understanding of Human Resources principles, procedures, and best practices required. Knowledge of state and federal regulations including Title VII, EEOC, ADA, and FLSA desired.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational skills. Excellent teambuilding and interpersonal skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
Attention to detail and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines required. Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all levels of the organization. Ability to work independently and multi-task. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.