IT Specialist I
Under direction from the Service Delivery Manager, IT Specialist I identifies, researches and resolves routine technical tier 1 & 2 issues. Provides support to end users for computer, application, system, device, access and hardware issues. Documents, tracks, and monitors issues using applicable systems and tools. Responds to telephone, email, walk-ups, and on-line requests for technical support. Additionally, may coordinate with other teams or departments to resolve user issues. Maintains accurate inventory, assigns wireless devices and works with 3rd party vendors. Oversees data related projects, administration of Company applications, understands data requests, performs technical analysis, ensures timely and accurate completion of data related reporting, and effectively communicates results to the Management team. Possesses a clear understanding of general aspects of the position.
- Responsible for ordering, configuring and deploying company-wide mobile devices after proper approval and paper work have been submitted to the help desk.
- Develop end-user training curriculum and train users on application usage.
- Analyze and resolve desktop computer, scanner, printer, and miscellaneous peripheral issues.
- Manage and maintain accurate company-wide inventory of IT related equipment including but not limited to desktop computers, cell phones, scanners, fax machines, printers, laptops, monitors, hotspots and any item deemed IT related.
- Responsible for entering, updating and closing service tickets through the help desk application, providing support at the desktop level, through remote software and at home user locations including but not limited to hardware software and VDI support.
- Administration of user accounts on mutable application platforms.
- Thoroughly document inconsistencies/ issues/ concerns for follow-up and /or resolution by the software vendor.
- Report the status of assigned tasks and / or related problem issues to the application implementation team.
- Create departmental workflow diagrams as they relate to the application program.
- Develop policies and procedures related to application configuration, general usage and maintenance.
- Responsible for AD administration and integrity of AD information.
- Responsible for Desktop Patch management scheduling and monthly reporting
- Responsible for managing and reporting desktop encryption monthly.
- Responsible for detailed documentation of all processes to ensure Help Desk are secure and compliant with HIPAA requirements.
- Responsible for planning and executing updates and new technologies as required to ensure production up-time is maintained.
- Manage and maintain service delivery application servers, through support calls, renewal of third party applications, and upgrades as required to ensure proper functionally.
- Responsible for desktop security through USB and CDDVD monitoring through policy settings.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting excessive Citrix Profiles.
- Responsible for managing SFTP accounts, reporting, and monitoring.
- The following experience may be concurrent: Minimum (1) year working in an IT support environment while providing user administration, maintaining PC and server hardware.
- Experience in Cisco CM experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution preferred.
- Associate’s Degree may be substituted with required experience and or preferred certification.
- MTA, MSO, MCSE, or CCENT Certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Client/Server applications using relational databases. Proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system, Microsoft 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office 20132016 products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking, VDI knowledge.
- Strong documentation skills and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Word processing and data entry involving computer keyboard and screens, distribution of supplies and equipment to in-house departments.
- Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. Items weighing more than 50 lbs. will require assistance when moving.
- Back support belts must be worn when lifting, pushing or pulling items.