The Kitchen Coordinator is responsible in ensuring that the center serves all meals in a safe, sanitary and appetizing manner. The kitchen coordinator is also responsible for preparing, serving and cleaning up after all meals and snacks are served. Kitchen Coordinator is responsible for keeping emergency food and water inventory and maintaining the area clean, safe and functional.
- Responsible for the supervision of food services, sanitation, ordering, and record keeping.
- Direct staff with food service, cleaning, sanitizing, stock rotation, emergency food supply and other assigned tasks. Assists with purchases supplies, alternate menus, etc., necessary to prepare meals for center as outlined on approved center menu. Assists dietician with menu planning, communicating participant likes and dislikes.
- The Kitchen Coordinator ensures kitchen is in compliance with state and federal regulations. Responsible for maintaining order and cleanliness in the food preparation area.
- Perform all necessary tasks in an efficient and safe manner. Assists other center staff in serving meals and snacks.
Education Required (Minimum level of education):
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years' experience working with healthcare software applications.