Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)/Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)/Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) provides recovery focused services related to the safe and appropriate administration of medical treatment (including medications) as prescribed by the physician. Provides safe, effective, and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care. Currently looking for LVN's or LPT's to fill a full time position right now on our PM shift (3pm-11:30pm) Tuesday through Saturday.
- Demonstrates the company mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with members served
- Provides nursing care and assists in the welcoming, admission, and discharge process
- Collects data relevant to care of members served; develops and implements nursing care plans
- Demonstrates knowledge of crisis management and intervention
- Transcribes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner
- Administers medication and treatments to members served
- Receives and presents change of shift report as assigned
- Adheres to medication management policies and procedures
- Notifies the prescriber and nursing supervisor of any changes in behavior or condition
- Documents the progress of members served toward their Recovery Plan goals
- Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and treatment planning meetings
- Coordinates and participates in counting medications and giving report at the beginning and end of each shift
- Must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
- Position requires transporting Members in own personal vehicle and program van (acceptable driving record and vehicle inspection for safety).
- Position requires driving for company business such as trainings, offsite meetings, etc.
- Ability to review and implements Recovery/Treatment plans
- Ability to support medical and psycho-social care for members served
- Ability to administer oral and injectable medications
- Ability to act as a team member and provide input via reporting observations and concerns and asking appropriate questions
- Ability to review and implement recovery treatment plans for members served
- Demonstrated ability to implement physical crisis and de-escalation techniques