Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Escorts patients to exam rooms, obtains and appropriately records patient vital signs/medication list, monitors patient flow, assists physicians with minor clinical procedures, performs EKGs, prepares patient chart with pertinent medical information, administers medication as directed by physician. Schedules diagnostic tests ordered by the physician as needed. Performs various administrative duties, including answering phone patient calls, returning phone calls, receiving and sorting in-coming faxes, obtaining prior authorizations. Ensures patient’s right to privacy, safety, and confidentiality is maintained. Maintains a safe environment in accordance with standards, policies, and safety regulations. Ensures compliance with infection control policies. Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum Experience/Knowledge:
- Two years experience in an acute care or ambulatory care setting preferred.
• Valid California Vocational Nursing license. IV certification preferred.
• BLS for Healthcare Provider from American Heart Association.
• Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date.