Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Location : Los Angeles, CA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : Per Diem Project
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
- Provides excellent customer service at all times, to internal and external customers.
- Determines specific needs for each clinic and prepares area with appropriate supplies, equipment, etc.
- Interviews patients and/or family, reviews patients charts and progress notes to determine prior visits to the clinic, history, status of follow-up on physicians’ orders and definition of problems.
- Refers defined patient needs to physician.
- Instructs patients’ and/or family as directed by Registered Nurse or Provider.
- Assists physician with procedures and treatments.
- Participates in chart review of patients who failed clinic appointments to determine urgency of follow-up care, contacts social worker when necessary and reviews with clinic staff the plan for follow-up appointments.
- Document intake into EHR (for all specialties) and function as a system superuser for client EHR.
- Follow-up on in-basket message and management tasks.
- Maintains adequate levels of medication, supplies, and teaching aids for optimal patient care.
- Assists in orientation of new personnel.
- Participates in staff meetings and ongoing clinic nursing reviews.
- Provides nursing staff coverage in clinics as assigned.
- Assists any and all internal or external consumers with any problems they may have in a pleasant and cooperative manner.
- Responsible for collecting data from "walk-in" or "phone-in" patients and follows provider orders as directed.
- Performs, observes, and records symptoms, interactions and progress of the patient and reports findings to the medical provider. Does not make independent medical or healthcare decisions.
- Assists medical providers and/or carries out medical provider’s orders by performing requested tests.
- Assist with referrals as needed.
- Responsible for assisting with the completion of all calibration of medical equipment and ensuring logs are up to date.
- Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of all back office policies and procedure, as directed.
- Handles client health information as trained by Compliance Training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Required Qualifications :
- Graduation from an accredited LVN school.
- Current LVN license issued by the State of California Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians.
- Must maintain current CPR/First Aid training.
- Experience and knowledge regarding the physical, mental and social needs of the patients.