Bridging the gap between your dreams and your current healthcare position.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
Location : Los Angeles, CA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : Clinic - Hudson
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
The Licensed Vocational Nurse will be responsible for the following duties, but not limited to:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews patients' records to determine the purpose of the visit and whether or not patients' chart, x-rays or lab test results are ready or must be located for the physician.
- Sets up the area to be used by the physician by obtaining and arranging the required supplies, equipment and instruments and the patients' charts, x-ray, and lab test results.
- Observe patients to determine condition and need for immediate referral to physician.
- Prepares the patient for examination and for treatment by the physician by transferring, positioning and draping the patient and cleansing areas of the patients' body, and hands instruments to the physician during treatments and procedures.
- In accordance with the physicians' orders, administers medications and immunizations orally and by intramuscular and subcutaneous injections.
- Administers medications by injection, orally, and other pre-determined methods with the exception of research drugs as determined by the Medical Department.
- Checks prescribed dosages against specified limits.
- Observes and reports adverse reaction to medication.
- Recognizes the need for emergency care; initiates life-saving action in emergencies and alerts the nurse-in-charge or physician.
- Sets up, operates and monitors electronic and/or mechanical equipment such as croupettes, oxygen therapy and suctioning equipment.
- Measures and records vital signs; records bed care procedures, treatments, indications and nourishment provided and output.
Required Qualifications :
1 year of Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) experience.
Active Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN) License in the state of California
Active BLS/CPR provided by American Heart Association
COVID Vaccinated & Boosted - no exceptions
MAB & Fire Card - by start