Bridging the gap between your dreams and your current healthcare position.
Licensed Vocational Nurse - LVN
Location : National City, CA
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 5730
Required Years of Experience : 6 months
Required Education : High school or equivalent
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
Licensed Vocation Nurse (LVN) - Full Time
Location: National City, CA
Hours, Monday - Friday / Days
Pay range - $28 to $42 DOE
The Licensed Vocation Nurse (LVN) performs routine patient care, excluding administration of IV medications, as directed in a medical office or clinic setting.
- The LVN performs routine patient care functions as prescribed by licensed health care providers following established clinical protocols and policies and procedures within defined scope of education, training and responsibilities.
- Performs data collection focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Completes chart preparation and management for scheduled patients.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties/activities of health care team members.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and other pertinent information as required by specific clinic.
- Implements patient education techniques such as: health coaching and teach back to support self-management. Identifies patient/family learning needs and acts to meet them.
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination.
- Performs point of care testing, including but not limited to urine tests, pregnancy tests, A1C, and others as directed.
- Assists the physician with therapeutic and diagnostic patient care functions which may require sterile technique, wound care, urine catheter insertion/removal, wound care, inhalation treatments, removal or application of dressings, EKG, visual testing, and audiometric testing.
Required Qualifications :
• Preferred: A (minimum) of one (1) year of experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse.
• High School Diploma/GED
• Graduate of an accredited Licensed Vocational Nursing program.
• Current license to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in California.
• Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification
(American Heart Association)
• Ability to read, write and comprehend English
• Spanish, Tagalog, or Arabic language.