Medical Assistant (MA)
Responsible for the development and implementation of homecare services for program
participants, including the coordination of all contracted home services, durable medical
equipment and nursing home care. Attends scheduled IDT and Coordination meetings.
- Assesses, using the nursing process, the home care needs of a frail elderly
- population, and identifies and develops specific plans of care.
- Assess, identify and collaborate with other members of the Interdisciplinary teams
- regarding all Durable Medical Equipment and Incontinence care needs of the
- Perform any follow-up as instructed by the Provider.
- Collaborate with the Interdisciplinary team to evaluate and re-evaluate caregiver
- Discuss and educate approved caregiver hours and assignment plan with
- participant, family and caregiver.
- Actively participates in Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) contributing to the participant
- plan of care. Communicates any changes in participant.
- Attends staff, scheduled IDT and Care Coordination meetings.
- Document in accordance with Company PACE departmental guidelines and within
- the established time frames
- Act as a liaison between Homecare vendor and PACE related to participant’s needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and by keeping information confidential.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by
- studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing
- adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Complies with policy and procedures of Company PACE.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- MA Diploma or Certification
- A minimum of one (1) year experience practicing as a Medical Assistant.
- Current CPR/BLS certification also required.
- Experience and knowledge regarding the physical, mental and social needs of the
- patients highly desirable.
- At least one year working with a frail or elderly population
- Valid California driver’s license with good driving record