Bridging the gap between your dreams and your current healthcare position.
Mental Health Therapist I – Outpatient Program
Mental Health Therapist I
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conduct individual, group and psycho-educational sessions for clients
2. Assessments and screening of potential program participants
3. Develop treatment plans consisting of realistic and measurable goals
4. Record client progress and problems within forty-eight (48) hours of individual session or a group session
5. Adhere to all program standards, policies and procedures in execution of work
6. Follow client payment status closely and ensures all charges are noted in their account and chart. Includes assisting all eligible clients with enrolling in MediCal benefits
7. Available to act on crisis calls and walk in clients/alumni
8. Submit required reports on a timely basis; criminal justice reports, daily direct services reports, and any other mandated reporting
9. Liaison with other agencies and organizations for clients to make appropriate referrals and arrangements for clients in need of support services
10. Attend program meetings, classes, workshops and trainings as required
11. Maintain client files and statistical information properly and in accordance with agency procedures, County, State and Federal laws
12. Attend meetings with Social Services agencies, i.e. probation office, schools, etc
13. May conduct drug abuse education to organizations, schools and community groups.
Pay range: $39 - 43/hr
- Master’s degree plus registered with the California Board of Behavioral Science (BBS) as MFTI or ASW and have obtained an effective Waiver of Licensure from the Santa Clara Dept of Mental Health (e.g., psychology, counseling, social work).
- Minimum of two (2) years’ of experience working with substance abuse clients.
- Ability to supervise and provide consultation with difficult clients.
- Familiar with a sensitive to diverse cultural and economic needs, especially for clients of diverse background.
- Familiar with the parole, probation, or justice system requirements relating to substance abuse.
- Transportation and valid CA Driver’s License with proof of insurance, required.
- Stay current on regulations or changes in regulations in Substance Abuse through seminars, conferences or training.
- Interact in a courteous helpful manner with clients and staff.
- Work effectively with a diverse population and positively in a teamwork environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish; proficient in writing and/or reading is preferred.