PACE Occupational Therapist
Location : Modesto, CA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : PRF 7546
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
The occupational therapist will evaluate and reassess participants upon referral from the Interdisciplinary Team. Provides and recommends therapeutic exercises. Responsible for the overall occupational therapy program.
- Conducts initial assessments and reassessments, upon referral from team, of participant's condition and functional status. Communicates participant changes to team members
- Develops treatment program when indicated, sets goals and provides treatment.
- Records and signs treatments in participant's medical record, records, signs, and dates progress notes.
- Makes notations after each treatment specifying method of treatment and the reaction of the participant. Narrative notes shall be entered in the participant's health record when indicated and will be signed by the occupational therapist.
- Coordinates 24 hour care delivery. Provides training to family members, friends, and Company PACE staff members for those parts of the treatment plan that can be carried out by them.
- Provides supervision to program aides and other staff who are implementing an OT treatment program.
- Reviews assessments and discharges participants when appropriate.
- Participates in case conferences when necessary.
- Participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team. Attends staff meetings and takes part in participant care planning. Communicates any changes in participant condition to team members.
- Observe each participant for any change in physical, mental, emotional and social functioning and shall report such changes to the licensed nurse.
- Will work the hours necessary to meet the needs of each participant as specified in the individualized plan of care developed by the multidisciplinary team and in accordance with the staffing requirements of the Department.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Required Qualifications :
- Valid California Driver’s License, acceptable driving record and vehicle insurance. Demonstrates clinical competency with geriatric population.
- Only acts within the scope of his or her authority to practice.
- Meet a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by Company PACE and approved by CMS before working independently. Education/Experience
- Licensed Occupational Therapist in CA.
- Graduate of an Occupational Therapy curriculum accredited by the Committee on Allied Health Education and the Accreditation of the American Medical Association and the American OT Association