PACE Registered Dietitian
Location : Modesto, CA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : PRF’s 7548, 7549, 7550
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
The Registered Dietitian (RD) supports the mission, vision, values by providing nutrition care and education to Central Valley PACE participants. Evaluate the participant’s nutritional status, develop and implement nutritional care plans, assess nutrient requirements, recommend nutritional prescriptions, evaluate participant tolerance and effectiveness of nutritional care, and communicate nutritional data and information to the physicians and other health professionals.
Required Qualifications :
- Performs nutritional assessments and reassessments as indicated by nutrition standards.
- Provides nutrition education to participants/caregivers as ordered by physician and according to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards.
- Provides nutrition education to staff and the community.
- Works collaboratively with other team members implementing participant education. Coordination of 24-hour care delivery.
- Documents participant changes appropriately in the medical record and communicates participant changes to team members.
- Observes each participant for any change in physical, mental, emotional and social functioning and shall report such changes to the licensed nurse.
- Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team (IDT). Attends staff meetings and takes part in participant care planning.
- Meets a standardized set of competencies for the specific position description established by Central Valley PACE and approved by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) before working independently.
- Ensures sufficient staff is oriented, and trained to provide for the nutritional needs of the patients and to maintain the service areas.
- Maintains and follows established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Ability to interact professionally and respectfully with geriatric individuals including those with cognitive decline and/or physical frailties.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Knowledge of adult and geriatrics health, nutrition, motivational interviewing and adult learning experience.
- Excellent customer services and interpersonal skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; presentation, and training skills.
- Ability to teach; analytical thinking; and ability to provide care to geriatric participants; knowledge of clinical dietetics.
- Meet deadlines and prioritize tasks; works independently, travel as required; work flexible hours; effectively interact with community agencies, patients, and clinical personnel; complete required reports.
- Valid California Driver’s License, acceptable driving record and vehicle insurance. Education/Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from American Dietetic Association (ADA) accredited institution with a major in Nutrition.
- Current Registered Dietitian registration.
- Current BLS CPR Card certified by the American Heart Association
- Minimum one (1) year of health related job experience.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish (oral and written) highly preferred.