People Services Generalist
department including assisting in the hiring and scheduling of candidates, administering pay,
benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. This position may step in for the Sr. Generalist or Business Partner in entry level employee exit interviews when necessary, provides support in the explanation of Benefits, other inquiries related to the interpretation of company policies and practices and LOAs as they pertain to employee needs. This position has responsibility for ensuring day to day filing, tracking documentation, performs routine tasks required to administer and execute PS programs including, but not limited to compensation, benefits, leave, performance and talent management and recognition.
This position will support the People Services systems to provide reports to the various modules specializing in Recruiting, Reports, Compensation, Benefits, and/or Performance Planning. The Generalist role will utilize this role to segue into a specialization and developmental role in either Total Rewards or Systems.
- Assists in recruitment process by posting job requisitions, contacting prospective employees, sending drug screening referral, performing background check, etc.
- Performs the overall onboarding process in all markets including sending first day information, creating COS and sending new hire e-mail notification, creating employee file number, creating DNA number, conducting new hire orientation, onboarding on HRIS, and scanning & saving of new hire paperwork in OnBase.
- Enrolls new employee and dependents to benefit programs
- Facilitates open enrollment and other benefits, health and wellness initiatives/activities with Benefits Analyst
- Answer benefit related questions pertaining to medical, dental, and vision insurances, health and other benefits, leaves of absence, HSA, FSA, 401(k), etc.
- Maintain team member information to support pay decision and equity effort
- As needed, supports conducting exit interviews for assigned markets.
- Creates COS and sends exit notification e-mail.
- Sends COBRA packet
- Supports PSIS Sr. Analyst in smooth execution of Ceridian HRIS Modules, Compease and Cornerstone and the systems reports they generate :
- Specializing in assigned areas such as: Recruiting, Payroll and Compensation Or Specializing in Ceridian Benefits and Performance Planning.
- Under PSIS Sr. Analyst direction prepares to assume responsibilities as they pertain to reports, maintenance and upgrades of systems as needed
- Sends correspondence, answers inquiries, coordinates within the whole team, and ensures overall employment satisfactory/morale within the organization
- Makes sure to keep up with changing and new employment laws, both federal and state level.
- Assists with compliance activities and answers questions related to employee state and federal laws & employee handbook
- Code invoices and reconciles budget (e.g., AES, BEACON, etc.)
- Process employee tuition reimbursement requests
- Responds efficiently to phone calls and PS distribution email inquiries regarding HR related questions or concerns.
- 3+ years’ progressive experience working in human resource discipline
- Good understanding and utilization of regulations in regards to State and Federal requirements Understanding of Affirmative Action, EEOC, Titles VII & IX DOL
- Effective written and verbal communication to establish and maintain effective working relationships Self-starter and works efficiently to meet deadlines and to shift priorities quickly.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, analytical and problem resolution skills
- Strong organizational, follow up, prioritization and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment Highly proficient and demonstrated ability to work through MS Office Suite (Excel, Good analytical and problem resolution skills and the ability to identify root causes Teams, etc.), HRIS/AT and other HR related systems and web-based applications and complex Outlook scheduling
- 4-year degree in Business or related field