Bridging the gap between your dreams and your current healthcare position.
Personal Care Aide (PCA) - Home Care
Location : El Cajon, CA
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : 5908,5914,5907,5778
Required Years of Experience : 1
Required Education : High school or equivalent
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
Personal Care Aide (PCA) - Home Health
Location: El Cajon, CA
Monday - Friday, 8 am to 5 pm (flexible)
Pay range: $16.50 to $24 hourly DOE
The Personal Care Aide (PCA) provides support to participants in need of companionship services to and from medical appointments. Services include participant care activities such as showering, toileting, serving, feeding and other Activities of Daily Living. Position will assist with home delivery of meals and medical supplies. Position may also assist in other areas such as kitchen, primary care and therapy.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Provides direct personal care to participants as directed or assigned. Duties will include showering, toileting, laundry and feeding assistance and companionship services to and from medical appointments. May include ambulation and transferring assistance.
- Assists other staff in carrying out program assignments.
- Provides support and assistance with meal and snack service.
- Will provide assistance in the kitchen as needed/assigned.
- Will provide assistance in therapy as needed/assigned.
- Assists in maintaining patient areas in a clean and orderly manner. Cleans and organizes program areas including cleaning of equipment and shower areas.
- Assists with home delivery of meals and medical supplies.
- Follows infectious disease precautions to prevent the spread of organism.
- Attends center staff meetings and in-service educational training programs.
- Provides home assistance, and assists with ADLs and IADLS, transfers, companionship to doctor’s appointments, etc.
Required Qualifications :
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months experience as a personal care aide, in a professional or personal care setting.
- Required one year experience with the frail or elderly population
- Flexibility, initiative, creativity and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Arabic).
- Must possess the skills necessary to provide care for geriatric patients and must be able to function well in a team environment
Have reliable private vehicle, proof of CA current driver’s license