Location : San Diego, CA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 897
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
The Pharmacy Clerk provides accurate assistance in filling orders, performing clerical duties and maintaining inventory. Essential Functions of the Job:
• Assists and serves patients, including accepting prescriptions and obtaining pertinent information from patients.
• Inputs patient and prescription data into the pharmacy computer system to process prescriptions and maintain patient profiles.
• Assists in the billing and adjudication of prescription claims.
• Stocks shelves and bins with merchandise, vials, bottles and supplies.
• Assists in the preparation of reports and written documentation, as required by the department, company, state and federal agencies.
• Assists pharmacists as directed. Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follows established departmental policies and procedures, objectives quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in service meetings and workshops.
• Attends meetings as required and participates on committees as directed.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Job Requirements Education Required (Minimum level of education):
High school or GED equivalent. Certifications/Licenses Required: None Experience Required (Minimum level of experience): 6 months to 1 year experience in retail. Preferred: 6 months to 1 year experience in administrative role and/or healthcare setting.
Required Qualifications :