Location : Los Angeles, CA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : 8HRS - Days
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
- Delivers ionizing radiation as prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist to restore and enhance the quality of life, eradicate or diminish disease and maintain health.
- Performs simulations, schedules patient treatment, and completes associated billing.
- Will be hired for the satellite radiation oncology locations and may be asked to help at any of the satellites if needed.
Required Qualifications :
- Graduate of a Regionally Accredited Program for Radiation Therapy. New Graduates will be considered.
- Completed a 2- or 4-year program in radiation therapy or a degree in radiography combined with a certificate program in radiation therapy.
- Must have knowledge of basic dosimetry, MLC, CT Simulation, and IMRT.
- Experience with Varian Machines, preferred Varian Truebeam
- Experience with Varian EMR, preferred ARIA 15.6
Strong technical skills, with a work ethic that inspires others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- One year of experience as a Radiation Therapist.
- Bilingual in one of the threshold languages is highly desirable: English, Spanish, Chinese, Armenian, Arabic, Farsi, Khmer, Korean, Russian, Tagalog, Vietnamese. preferably in Mandarin, Spanish.
Required License/Certification: Current ARRT and CRT Certification.
- Valid and current ARRT certified in Radiation Therapy R.T. and licensed by the state in which they will be working.
- Fire and safety certification and BLS required.