Registered Dental Assistant
Los Banos, CA
Job Type :
Reference Code :
PRF# 7429 , PRF# 7430
Job Industry :
Job Description :
The Registered Dental Assistant will have the responsibility for assisting the dentist. The Registered Dental Assistant reports directly to the supervising dentist.
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Prepare tray set-up, sterile instruments.
- Pass and receive instruments.
- Mix cements, amalgam and impression materials.
- Oral evacuation and retraction.
- Seat, prepare, and dismiss patients.
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Appointment control.
- Inventory control.
- Routine maintenance of equipment.
- Operatory preparation and clean-up.
- Oral hygiene instructions.
- Records management.
- Take blood pressure; take oral temperature.
- Develop and mount x-ray.
- Pour and trim diagnostic casts.
- Fabricate custom trays.
- Coronal polishing with State Board approved course.
- Temporary cementation and removal of temporary crowns.
- Size crowns and bands.
- Remove cement supra-gingivally.
- Place bases and liners on sound dentin.
- Test pulp vitality.
- Dry canals with absorbent points.
- Mouth mirror inspection of oral cavity.
- Place, wedge, and remove matrix.
- Topical application of fluoride.
- Remove sutures.
- Other duties as required.
Required Qualifications :
- Current California Registered Dental Assistant Licensure.
- X-Ray License.
- CPR/BLS Card Certified by American Heart Association Dental office procedures and terminology.
- GED or High school graduate
- Clerical and computer skills.