Registered Dental Assistant
Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)
Location: San Francisco
Bilingual Chinese / English Preferred
The Registered Dental Assistant will provide chair side assistance to the dentist; perform related duties, and assists with clerical work as needed.
· Prepare operatories and equipment for patient treatment.
· Assist with front duties including appointment scheduling, Billing entry, typing, etc.
· Provides chair side assistance to the dentist using four - handed dentistry techniques.
· Takes dental radiographs.
· Maintains dental operatories, dental laboratory, dental equipment and sterilization area in proper working order.
· Carries out limited dental laboratory procedures such as pouring models of impressions.
· Assist in topical fluoride administration.
· Ensure that the patient’s record, Superbills and all relevant paperwork are completed and routed to the front desk.
· · Proactively inform the Dental Clinic Coordinator of any supplies that need to be replenished, so a consistent level of supplies is maintained at all times.
· Provide dental health education, including oral hygiene instruction and dietary advice, to patients and to target groups of out – reach program.
· Keep track of DentiCal or insurance authorization and schedule appointment accordingly.
· Completion of a qualified dental assistant training program.
· Current License to work as a Registered Dental Assistant in the State of California.
· License in California to take dental radiographs.
· Knowledge of cleaning and sterilizing procedures for dental instruments and equipment.
Current documentation of Basic Life Support require
Bilingual Chinese / English highly preferred