The Registered Dietitian contributes and participates as a health care team member to provide nutritional counseling service to individuals and families; serves as a nutrition consultant to staff; and assist in the development of nutritional educational materials.
· Develops and implements age appropriate, linguistically correct, and culturally sensitive tools for nutritional counseling on both normal and therapeutic diets
· Assesses patient needs, establishes priorities, designs, develops, recommends, updates, implements and evaluates programs, curriculum, materials, protocol, procedures and standards for nutrition education/health education
· Conducts Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) upon physical referrals
· Charts patients’ nutritional findings timely in EHR
· Has a complete understanding of the nutrition requirements of the CPSP; provides appropriate and effective diet counseling to pregnant patients that tailor to their needs
· Contributes and assists in the development and periodic updates of the Nutrition EHR templates for charting
· Implements nutrition care to include follow up and referrals to government, community and/or continuity of nutrition care
· Develops meal plans as appropriate to meet member’s lifestyle, socio-economic background, age, culture, diagnosis and religious affiliation
· Develops and maintains Nutrition protocols up to date
· Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or related field.
· Registered Dietitian (RD) in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in good standing
· 2+ years experience in nutritional assessment, coaching and counseling patients
· 2+ years of work experience as RD in community agencies. Serving a diverse population with different cultural needs preferred
· Current BLS and First Aid required or must be obtained within 3 months of hire
Proficient in computer usage