Bridging the gap between your dreams and your current healthcare position.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Admissions
Registered Nurse - RN - Admissions
Full Time - fantastic benefits!
Location: Downtown Oakland, CA
(50% Remote / 50% Field Home Assessments)
Pay range: $38 to $58 hourly DOE
Sign On Bonus - $5,000
The Admissions Nurse (RN) assesses prospective seniors from the community for eligibility of enrollment into the program. The Admissions Nurse conducts nursing assessments to determine level of care and documents and submits assessment on DHCS level care tool for State approval. Critically reviews provider assessments and other medical records and histories of potential participants to identify skilled nursing needs and information pertinent to Level of Care (LOC) determination.
As part of the Sales and Enrollment team, the Admissions Nurse supports the teams’ growth goals with timely assessments and submissions and responsive communication as needed to facilitate enrollments and helps train staff in medical understanding.
· The RN Admissions conducts nursing assessments of seniors pre-qualified for PACE eligibility to determine skilled nursing level of care for final qualification for eligibility for the program.
· Documents assessment and reviews additional documentation needed to write LOC document for DHCS submission.
· Works with enrollment team to obtain additional documentation or assessments if necessary to establish skilled level of care
· The RN Admissions coordinates with medical staff on clarifying eligibility for the program as needed
· Serves as a liaison between the company and the level of care nurses at California Department of Healthcare Services (DHCS)
· The RN Admissions maintains level of care enrollment process documentation in appropriate database and medical record
· Participates in outreach activities, including community health education, presentations, and developing relationships with stakeholders in targeted communities as needed.
· Graduate of an accredited program in Nursing
· Current California RN license required
· Minimum one (1) year Geriatric experience (ex. Acute Care, Skilled Nursing, Clinic) working with the frail and elderly (Required)
· Familiarity with nursing home level of care eligibility (highly desired)
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
· Current BLS/CPR certification.
· Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required