Registered Nurse (RN) - Admissions
The PACE Admissions RN conducts initial In Home Assessments (IHA) as part of the IHA Team. Also conducts implementation of homecare services as needed for program participants, including the coordination of all Durable Medical Equipment, 6 month reassessments and provide RN coverage in the PACE Clinic.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- When needed, assesses, using the nursing process, the home care needs of a frail elderly population, and identifies and develops specific plans of care. Initial and periodic assessments to be conducted minimally every 6 months and must be completed prior to the scheduled IDT team meeting. Communicates participant changes with team members.
- In collaboration with the HHC and Enrollment teams completes and submits LOC to DHCS for review.
- Collects medical records as needed to complete LOC. If medical records can’t be accessed, complete LOC with other relevant information (i.e. hospital discharge information, medications, etc)
- Conducts initial Home/RN assessments at participant’s home during the team IHA.
- Maintains an up to date active list of all LOCS submitted to include date submitted, decision, follow up, etc.
- Follows up on all deferred Prospective Enrollees as needed and resubmits required information to DHCS to request approval.
- Participates in weekly enrollment team meetings as well as IDT and HHC meetings as needed.
- Assists the Utilization Management RN with monitoring hospitalizations and SNF patients to ensure appropriate transition.
- Communicates and interacts with patient caregivers and/or family members as needed.
- Provides RN clinical coverage in the PACE clinic as needed.
Licensure or Certification Required:
- Active California RN License.
- Valid CA driver license and reliable transportation.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Experience Required (Minimum level of experience):
- At least 1 year as an RN, preferably in either home or community health.
- At least 1 year experience working with the frail or elderly population.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish required.
- Experience in and/or knowledge of Adult Day Health Center or PACE is desirable.
- Supervisory experience desired.