Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinic
The Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) provides skilled nursing care in an outpatient, day center setting.
· Triages participant and staff phone calls to determine priority of care and routes accordingly.
· Schedules outside appointments for participants when necessary.
· Assists in the examination, testing and treatment of participants.
· Completes certification/recertification orders and discharge summaries
· Implements orders written by primary care physician(s).
· Instructs participants and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
· Schedules specialist and other appointments for participants and assists in hospital admissions.
· Performs general nursing care on participants including administering prescribed medications and treatments.
· Documents all necessary information and maintains participant medical record(s) and fulfills agency charting and reporting requirements.
· Administers medications, provides training in self-administration of all non-scheduled medications and monitors medication compliance.
· Provides health counseling to participants and their families on an individual or group basis.
· Assists in the examination, assessment, evaluation testing and treatment of participants.
· Observes, records, and reports participant’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians
· Provide clinical teaching and clinical supervision of CNA Day Center staff.
· Associate’s degree in nursing
Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation
· Registered Nurses (RN) Active License Colorado required.
· Current CPR certification or the ability to obtain CPR certification is required.
Work Experience and Qualifications
Minimum one (1) year working with the frail or elderly is required
· 3 years' healthcare with an emphasis on geriatrics