Registered Nurse (RN) - Float
$5K SIGNING BONUS
Monday thru Friday, Day Shift. No weekends.
The Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing services to participants at the clinic by using the nursing process, collaborating with providers and interdisciplinary team members. The Clinic Registered Nurse communicates effectively with all members of the clinic team and other program staff to ensure that participants are receiving care that is appropriate and adheres to the participants’ plan of care. This position will cross train to augment clinic staffing and to complete intake assessments as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses the Participant’s status in person initially, semi-annually and as needed; assists in the development and maintenance of the participant’s plan of care.
- Monitors participant for any acute physical or behavioral changes and adjusts plan of care accordingly.
- Provides skilled nursing care to participants as needed in a timely manner.
- Provides health education, information and counseling to participant, family members and care givers regarding participant’s care needs and safety.
- Implements preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate for the participant’s care and
- Participates in IDT meetings and provides input to IDT, offering clinical expertise in team planning and problem solving.
- Documents in Participant’s medical record and Department records accurately and in a timely manner according to agency standards.
- Provides direction to clinic staff as assigned when the Clinic Supervisor is not present. Offers nursing consultation to other staff members as appropriate.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards, making or recommending necessary treatment adjustments; following standards of care set by Board of Registered Nursing, Nurse Practice Act, and governing agency regulations. Participates in quality assurance performance improvement program (QAPI) as assigned, measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards.
- Participates in departmental and agency meetings as directed by the Clinic Supervisor.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all company procedures, results and information about participants or families.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Possess a current California Registered Nurse License.
- Have a minimum of (1) year acute or ambulatory care experience, working with the frail or elderly population.
- Current CPR certification on file.
- Maintains eligibility for licensure by obtaining required continuing education units.