RN Case Manager
Location : Huntington Park, CA
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : Huntington Park PACE
Required Years of Experience : 1
Required Education : AA
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
The Nurse (RN) Case Manager/Care Coordination Team Leader has the responsibility to case manage all participants who are in the ambulatory setting.
- Develop the nursing component in the plan of care for patients, specifying short- term nursing goals in each individualized plan of care.
- Responsible for Initial Assessment for potential new enrollees (Home-Visits to support environmental and physical assessments).
- Responsible for ensuring coordination and completion of reassessments every 6 months 1:1 at Center and/or Home for assigned case load.
- Responsible for the allocating in home supportive caregiver hours based on the Nurse and the IDT Assessment. Activities of Daily Living and Instrumental Activities of Activities Living.
- Acts as a liaison between the Participants and the Interdisciplinary Team Members.
- Acts as a liaison between homecare services and PACE center services to ensure adequate coordination and effectiveness of program delivery.
- Provides Family, and Caregiver Individual Health Education on Disease Process. Elements of the health education process include verbal and written hand-outs for their reference.
- Documents any activities encountered between the participant, families, caregivers, contracted providers, hospitals, SNF, and other facilities working together with PACE for participant’s well being.
Required Qualifications :
- Current valid License as a Registered Nurse through the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- A minimum of one year experience in Geriatric Nursing required.
- A minimum of one year experience preferred in managed care setting, preferably in utilization or case management in ambulatory or inpatient setting.
- CPR/First Aid Certificate required.
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.