Social Worker (MSW)
Location : Daly City, CA
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : NEMS
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : Bachelors' degree
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
Social Worker (MSW)
Location: Daly City, CA
Hours: Monday to Friday, days
The PACE Social Worker (MSW) is independent in the application of social work knowledge and skills. He/she is responsible for providing direct social work care management services to the participants of the PACE program and works collaboratively with the PACE Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) to manage long-term care needs.
- Conducts psychosocial assessments to determine PACE Participants’ care needs, preferences, and goals.
- Participates as an active member of the IDT for Participant care planning.
- Documents accurately and thoroughly in the Participants’ electronic health record in accordance with industry and departmental standards including time requirements.
- Communicates effectively and openly with other Interdisciplinary Team members on participant status and needs.
- Maintains current and thorough written case management records, including periodic reassessments of program Participants.
- Provides supportive counseling to Participants and/or their family members, as indicated.
- May develop and lead group counseling, support groups, and/or other relevant activities.
- Refers Participants and families to appropriate community agencies or facilities, acts as a liaison with such organizations, and as an advocate for participants.
- Consults with and advises staff members regarding the social, emotional, and cultural factors associated with health and medical care, and as to the availability of social services in the community.
Required Qualifications :
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university required.
- Current CA licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in a health-related area required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working with a frail and/or older adult population required.
- Valid California Driver’s license with good driving history within the last 5 years.
- Current documentation of Basic Life Support, or willingness to obtain certification within six months of hire.
- Fluency in Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) is required.