Bridging the gap between your dreams and your current healthcare position.
Social Worker (MSW)
Location : San Leandro, CA
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : CEI RPO - 715,
Required Years of Experience : 1
Required Education : Masters degree, MSW
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Description :
Social Worker (MSW)
Location: San Leandro, CA
Pay range: $75k to $79k + $3k Sign on bonus
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
The Social Worker (MSW) is a mental health professional, helping the frail and elderly PACE participants find solutions to a wide range of social problems, serves as an integral member of an Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) and is responsible for performing psychosocial assessments, developing and implementing plans of care, and facilitating communication between the participant, family and staff.
- Serves as an interdisciplinary team (IDT) member responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive, integrated plan of care, monitors progress toward objectives by evaluating behavioral adjustments, and communicates participant changes to team members.
- Participates in regularly scheduled behavioral management meetings with other mental health professionals.
- Attend ongoing psychosocial rounds with consulting psychiatrist; presents cases as indicated by IDT.
- Completes initial assessments, re-assessments, and care plan updates for participants while continually evaluating the participants' social service needs and their families.
- Makes referrals to community resources, including those necessary for financial management, benefit eligibility, and to address related participant needs.
- Review historical information, including requisitions for prior medical records; make an effort to resend for these if not in the chart at the time of initial psychosocial assessment, including requisition of prior records and information.
- Manages assigned caseload; prepares narrative and other reports, documents, and correspondence regarding client status; documents case files.
- Responds to, investigates, and reports complaints of elder abuse.
- Conducts 30-day conferences and annual reviews, and as-needed family and/or caregiver conferences.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with other agencies, such as the Department of Social Services, psychiatric facilities, hospitals, social agencies, and may participate in hospital and/or SNF discharge planning.
- Makes home visits, hospitals, and travels to other places to meet with participants and service providers.
Required Qualifications :
- Masters’ degree in Social Work (MSW) from an accredited school of Social Work
- One (1) year experience working with a frail and/or elderly population preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team environment.
- Experience working with severe mental illness is preferred
- Bilingual ability preferred, but not required (Spanish, Korean, Cantonese, and/or Mandarin).
- Valid California driver's license, acceptable driving record and insurance with access to a reliable transportation.
- Current CPR and First Aid