Speech Language Pathologist
San Ysidro, CA
You must have the following qualifications to be considered:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Graduation from an accredited speech-language pathology program with a master’s degree
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP)
- Current license to practice in the State of California
- Current Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider Course card
- At least one (1) year of field experience
- Experience working with aged and disabled populations
The Speech Therapist designs and implements a program of speech therapy for PACE participants to restore or retain function to remain independent in the community. Perform assessments of patients and develop individualized plans of care. Supervise the carrying out of the plan of care by support staff.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Pay Rate: $40.64 - $53.00 per hour
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement, PTO, Sick Time, Holiday Pay, and more!
- Develop and implement a program of speech therapy for PACE. Modify the program as needed based on reevaluations and the patient population.
- Perform assessments of patients to determine abilities and rehabilitation potential.
- Ensure that required equipment and supplies for the speech therapy program are communicated to the Program Director.
- Develop and implement an individualized plan of care to address the speech, language, and/or swallowing difficulties present and increase function to a maximum level.
- Provide therapies to include augmentative or alternative communication methods, including automated devices and sign language, and teach how to strengthen muscles or use compensatory strategies to swallow without choking or inhaling food or liquid.
- Counsel patients and their families concerning communication disorders and how to cope with the stress and misunderstanding that often accompany them.
- Work with family members to recognize and change behavior patterns that impede communication and treatment and show them communication-enhancing techniques to use at home.
- Record and sign treatments in the patient's health record.
- Traveling for meetings, home, and hospital visits as required.
Our organization has been helping all the local communities for over 50 years and growing. As the Speech Therapist you will have the opportunity to focus on improving the elder’s ability to remain independent.