To accurately and efficiently complete all duties and all responsibilities associated with cart exchange, proper maintenance of sterile supplies, storage areas, inventory system, patient charging system, receipt, issuance, labeling, and shelving of supplies. This is a shared position for all Material Management cost centers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Safeguards and preserves the confidentiality of patient’s protected health information in accordance with State and Federal (HIPAA) regulatory requirements, hospital and departmental policies.
- Ensures a safe patient environment and adherence to safety practices per policy.
- With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational and environmental needs of patient/significant other when administering care.
- Accurately complete the process of exchanging and restocking both stock and non-stock supply carts, rotating items by expiration dates, meeting all schedules by following procedures and adhering to the specifications of all procedures, errors not to exceed five (5) per month
- Accurately complete the process of issuing supplies to requesters from distribution requisitions, telephone, printer, walk-ins, etc., while accurately following and adhering to the specifications of all procedures; Errors not to exceed five (5) per month.
- Maintain inventory system and patient charge system by properly documenting all issues, returns, credits, borrowed items, etc., assists with cycle counts. Keeps neat and orderly files, logs, and accurately follows and adheres to the specifications of all procedures.
- Complete daily stocking of the Central Distribution area with incoming supplies, follows the rotation process of left to right and back to front according to procedure, including labeling patient charge items with patient charge labels, annotating all overflow locations, informing buyer or lead person of incorrect items, etc., while adhering to all specifications of the procedure, errors not to exceed five (5) per month.
- Inventory accuracy must be maintained by following departmental procedures for receiving, pulling distributing, and data entry of supplies from the storeroom to ensure that the inventory variance does not exceed 5%.
- Maintain the Central Distribution areas in a clean and orderly condition, at all times following procedure and adhering to specifications from the Central Distribution department, JCAHO, fire department and other recognized authorities.
- Follows all hospital rules, expectations and regulations including, but not limited to, polices for Material Management, other departments, guest relations, safety, infection control, adhering to the specifications for all rules, regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Communicates and follows up with the appropriate personnel including the Central Service Supervisor, lead person, purchasing personnel, etc.
- Accurately complete the process of exchanging and restocking supply carts. Meets all schedules by following procedures and adhering to the specifications of all procedures.
- Stock incoming supplies in Storeroom and Distribution areas in a safe, orderly and efficient manner.
- Builds new supply carts, par levels cabinets, etc., by gathering information through meetings with users, enlisting the users input, and seeing the project to completion. This includes putting information into the computer system, communication changes to the entire staff, and follow up with users.
- Decontaminate and distribute all patient care equipment as received from patient care areas daily, following departmental policy and procedures as requested.
- Attends monthly staff meetings and in-service, actively participates in departmental Quality Improvement program, and reviews all written policy and procedures yearly.
- Regularly demonstrates the ability to exercise independent judgment when answering calls and responding to critical requests.
- Delivers special item requests to patients within 15 minutes of receipt. All patient care equipment dispensed from Material Reprocessing is checked for current Bio-medical safety sticker.
- Pick up reusable supplies and equipment from patient care areas as requested according to departmental policy and procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned by department management.
SPECIFIC SKILLS NEEDED
- Medical/Surgical product knowledge
- Computerized inventory systems
- High School graduate or G.E.D. preferred
- Medical/Surgical product knowledge preferred
- Hospital supply distribution experience preferred
- Basic Windows and mouse experience preferred